How can I find an attorney to mediate or consult on an issue…

Customer Question
How can I find...

How can I find an attorney to mediate or consult on an issue involving the code of student conduct (Texas public university)? The issue involves suspected theft of university property.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because education law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Texas - San Antonio

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

The university filed two charges of theft, and a plea deal was struck to 1 misdemeanor. They seem to want to go further and have him admit to other stolen property and are holding off on conferring his degree.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The court case was settled before the university has taken any action - they are moving very slowly.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
12/4/2017
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 4 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only. Please feel free to ignore any phone service request, the expert does not send those unless asked by customer and they are sent by the site automatically.

What is your specific question for us, as state law forbids us from representing anyone from this site?

We are not sure based on what you said above exactly what your question is though? If the case settled in court, what is the issue you are now needing to resolve?

How can I find an attorney experienced in mediating with a university on code of conduct rulings?
Never mind. This service seems to just keep prompting me to pay more money. Please discontinue.

Thank you for your reply. Never mind I will send it to customer service so you can get your refund. Good luck.

Tina, Lawyer