I have an issue I had an eviction in the amount of 1,760.00…

Customer Question
Hi i have an...

Hi i have an issue I had an eviction in the amount of 1,760.00 I paid the entire amount due. this issue was because I moved without giving proper notice. I was charged an extra month. i paid the amount in full and now i was denied to rent because its public record. I have a letter of satisfaction or release letter how do I have this debt removed from public record ?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

Tampa Florida

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I was evicted and it was filed to my credit report. it was paid and the collection company removed the item from my report

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

This is preventing me from getting a place is all.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
12/4/2017
Lawyer: Barrister, Attorney replied 7 months ago
Barrister, Attorney

how do I have this debt removed from public record ?

.

Unfortunately, the answer is that you can't have it removed.. Unlike some criminal cases, a civil case can't be expunged from the public records so if you had a judgment entered against you for eviction, that would remain in your civil record indefinitely.

.

However, you can always submit a copy of the letter of satisfaction with any application along with an explanation of what led up to the eviction and a landlord might be wiling to take that into consideration..

.

I am very sorry that I don’t have better news, but please understand that I do have an ethical and professional obligation to provide customers with legally correct answers based on my knowledge and experience, even when I know the answer doesn’t make the customer happy...

.

.