My daughter's have just come forward that my fiancée has…

Customer Question
Hi my daughter's have...

Hi my daughter's have just come forward that my fiancée has been touching them inappropriately in their sleep. This they say has been going on for 1-2 years without my knowledge and under my own roof. They youngest of my daughter's is 17 now and she is the one that approached an officer at school. I had no idea this was going on. I am so distraught for them. My question is, do I need to hire legal counsel as more than likely I will be under investigation too by the CPS agency?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because education law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

A CPS worker came to my job and was asking me a bunch of questions but he was rather vague as to the allegations. My daughter is the one who told me she has told the officer at school who then reported it to CPS.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I had no idea this was occurring but since this has come to light, I've looked at my finances phone and phone inappropriate sexual content on his phone: naked photos of a female co-worker and evidence he has been on dating websites

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
12/4/2017
Lawyer: Zoey, JD, Attorney replied 7 months ago
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post and am working on your answer. Please give me a few minutes to type a reply.

Yes, it would be a very good idea to at least consult with a local lawyer so that in the worst case scenario, you will have the name and number of someone at the ready. In that way, he or she can step in immediately to protect your rights as the lawyer will already be up to speed with your situation

Can u recommend a good attorney that would help me in this situation.

Unfortunately, per the terms of service of this website, legal experts are not allowed to make direct referrals to specific lawyers or law firms. What I can do, however, is to direct you to the same services that lawyers themselves use when they need to find a lawyer in a particular field or state and don't know of one.

One such source would be the Texas Bar Association's Lawyer Referral Service. They charge around $50 for the referral and that fee includes a free half-hour consultation with a lawyer, which you can have over the telephone. They guarantee a lawyer in good standing with his bar association.

http://apps.americanbar.org/legalservices/lris/directory/main.cfm?id=TX

To get still a wider range of possibilities, you can also check out a commercial lawyer referral service. There are many of them, but two that are highly regarded are www.Martindale.com and www.Avvo.com. Many of their lawyers are peer and client-rated, which you might find helpful to narrow down your choices.

Finally, if you are looking for a heavy-hitter, try Superlawyers.com. They are a legal referral service which will direct you to the cream of the crop in your state. Lawyers invited to list with them have gone through a very elaborate selection process which you can read about here.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.