I was just curious as to how it takes before a constable can…

Customer Question
I was just curious...

I was just curious as to how long it takes before a constable can come lock a tenant out? I live in apts where I have 1 dog - she is an Emotional Support Animal- when I signed my lease- they have my Dr note and advised it was fine. now they tell me it will be $500???

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

Az

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

My daughter who does not live with me works across the street and drops her dog off 2-3 days a week to visit- but the landlord is telling me they can fine me up to $500 for a visiting animal?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/4/2017
Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Because I want to provide you with the most accurate answer possible, do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

I want to thank you very much for your patience on this. Generally, when the police come to lock you out, it depends on when a court has decided that your last day in the premises is going to be. For example, if the court has said that you have 30 days to move, you can either move ahead of time or you can move out when the police show up. Regardless, the police will go by the court orders. Whether you're occupying the premises or not, they will have the authority to remove you and your animal if necessary. Does that make sense?

What other questions did you have for me today?