My wife died and has two account in her name only. how can i…

Customer Question
My wife died and...

My wife died and has two account in her name only. how can i close out these account ?

Lawyer's Assistant: Estate laws vary by state. What state are you in?

Minneapolis mn

Lawyer's Assistant: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?

Marriage lis and death cert

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
12/4/2017
Lawyer: INFOLAWYER, Attorney replied 7 months ago
INFOLAWYER, Attorney

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

Is there a will?

no

If the bank wont close it out in your name based on the death certificate and your ID, you would need to have the account converted into an adminstrator account and apply to the surrogate court to be the adminstrator of the estate.

Is that clear and acceptable?