Does an account for a medical collection bill HAVE to be put…

Customer Question
Does an account for...

Does an account for a medical collection bill HAVE to be put in parents name if patient is a minor

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Ga

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No, i work for the collection agency and have a parent who is having a fit because we're putting the debt in her name and wants me to send her "the law that says we have to"

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
12/4/2017
Lawyer: INFOLAWYER, Attorney replied 7 months ago
INFOLAWYER, Attorney

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

Yes, the parent as guardian is liable for child's debts. if parent refuses to pay, the agency can pursue the parent.

Kindly let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding "yes" or "acceptable"

she wants to see a copy of the law that states that can u give me a reference to look up
A minor cannot contract. A parent is responsible for child expenses and obligations.
Minor lacks legal capacity.
thank you yes its acceptable
Good luck. Please select the 5 star (*****) rating on your page for the answer. Happy Holidays!