What are my rights on rent increase from one price in

Customer Question
What are my rights...

What are my rights on rent increase from one price in October and another in December?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

Indiana

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Just notice on my door

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Concerned about return of my deposit

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/4/2017
Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 7 months ago
Nisha Jones

Good morning, I am an attorney expert with the JustAnswer website, and former Prosecutor for the State Attorney's Office. I have a near 100% customer satisfaction rate, and I'll be answering your questions today. Keep in mind this is for informational purposes only and we do not have an attorney-client relationship. Please allow me just a few minutes to review your question, thank you!

Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 7 months ago

Do you have a signed lease? What's the rent amount as listed on the lease?

expires jan1st. current rate 740 month
Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 7 months ago

Thanks for the additional information. Just to clarify, is your landlord attempting to raise the rental price for a lease renewal after January? Or for your current rent under your lease?