I applied for health insurance from the NY State of Health…

I applied for health insurance...
I applied for health insurance from the NY State of Health marketplace and they said to submit a self-attestation regarding my 2017 income. (I had no job or pension, but interest and an inheritance). How exactly do I write it?
Do not post my questions and the answers for public viewing. Thanks.
This question is for a lawyer, not a tax professional.
12/4/2017

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Here is a link to the NYS Healthcare Income report: https://www.health.ny.gov/health_care/medicaid/publications/docs/adm/10adm-5att5.pdf

Inheritance itself is reported if it is taxable income to you.

Your name or personal information does not appear online.

You just fill in the blanks on the form with all of your income, which includes income from interest.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

I'm confused by the form. My situation has nothing to do with having a job/getting paid in cash/not bing able to get a letter from my employer.

Thank you for your reply.

I understand that, the only taxable income you said you have is interest and that is all you have to claim, any recurring income.

the inheritance I got in 2017 does not count as income to the NY State of health's determination of annual income?

Thank you for your reply.

No, it was a one time inheritance and it was not taxable.

Would inheriting n IRA in 2017 that does not have money withdrawn from it in 2017 count as 2017 income?

Thank you for your reply.

No it would not count.

When I called, they asked me for the amount of my 2017 income and I told them the amount of my interest and my inheritance, and they asked me to submit the self-attestation regarding them. Should I call and tell them the inheritance doesn't count so I'm changing my response? Or --?

Thank you for your reply.

You need to just submit the form if the inheritance was not taxable and as such you do not include that, just the interest. You can call them and tell them you made an error because the inheritance was lump sum one time and not taxable and as such not included in income.

It is in the form of money from an IRA. So is that a "lump sum"?

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, it is lump sum and it is NOT income to you. Income is considered any recurring payments you receive or any payments you receive that are taxed as income. This is not going to be income to you.