We contracted with a snow plow co for 2017-18 season. we…

Customer Question
We contracted with a...

We contracted with a snow plow co for 2017-18 season. we already had issues getting him to call us back regarding staing of property and to confirm we were on schedule. After researching more we discovered there were numerous complaints with BBB and story on local news about him. We want to cancel the service. The contract he wrote and we signed does not have any stipulation re: cancelling. After over 12 attempts at phone calls, I pretended to be new customer and finally got a response from him and he advised I could cancel and would being me refund in cash. That was 5 days and over 5 phone calls ago. What is my best next step? I have also reported him to the local BBB.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And just to clarify, when was the purchase made?

Ohio (mentor) and agreement was signed by him on 10/11/17. It states contract and receipt and only stipulates when he would plow (over 2" of snow, staking of yard, etc)

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you contacted the manufacturer?

The contract also notes from us paid in full. evidently there were numerous complaints with BBB without any response from them.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

This is a local snow plow landscaper.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/4/2017
Lawyer: Loren, Attorney replied 7 months ago
Loren, Attorney
Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.
I am a certified expert on JustAnswer since 2009, with nearly 100% in 5 star ratings. So, we should be able to work through your problem.
I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.
This is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.
The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. Many find the phone call to be the easiest and fastest way to get the information they need without posting on a public forum. I am also happy to continue online.
There may be a slight delay in my replies as I am assisting other JA customers also. I will reply to your follow up questions.WHILE WE ARE CHATTING DO NOT CLICK ON THE BUTTON TO REQUEST A SECOND OPINION. IT WILL LOCK ME OUT OF THE CHAT AND PREVENT ME FROM REPLYING TO YOU.
Do you have anything in writing from the plower agreeing to the termination and refund?