Can I file for bankruptcy on a collection agency that's

Customer Question
Can I file for bankruptcy...
Can I file for bankruptcy on a collection agency that's coming after me for a car loan I had with my first wife had to give up my vehicle do to high child support could make payment and for and gotten repo
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
12/4/2017
Lawyer: INFOLAWYER, Attorney replied 7 months ago
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
but bankruptcy is normally option of last resort as ruins credit for years.
I'm a single father just started a new job 2 months ago and paying child support hardly making ends meet and now this law suit just hit me from collection agency wanting a trial by phone I don't know what to do :(
How much is the claim?
Well it doesn't say on the letter I received but I purchased a truck vallued at about $17,000 I missed 5 or 6 payments and was repo the company wouldnt lower the payment do to my misfortune with my divorce and I don't know how much they sold the vehicle for
I purchased the vehicle back in 2009 and was repo in the same year
I would explore settling for a reduced amount and payment plan before the extreme option of bankruptcy.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”