Through Facebook messenger a woman offered me a donkey and I…

Customer Question
Hello, through Facebook messenger...

Hello, through Facebook messenger a woman offered me a donkey and I accepted. The plans were made and now she is offering to someone else. Is that a legally binding contract?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Kansas

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not to my knowledge. A lot of work was put into preparation for the donkey.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

NO Thanks

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
12/4/2017
Lawyer: P. Simmons, Attorney replied 7 months ago
P. Simmons, Attorney

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. Was this a contract (so you offered to pay a particular amount and she accepted your offer)?

She offered the donkey for free. We agreed to pay for shipping. It was all set up. Now she said her sister wants it.

Thanks
If there was an agreement for you to pay to receive the donkey, and she refuses to honor that agreement, you could sue her and ask the court to order she give you the donkey, or pay you the value of the animal

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.

Hi
Experts on this site (myself) are compensated ONLY if the customer (yourself) "rate" or "accept" the answer.

Do you have more questions regarding this?

Thanks for your understanding
Phil