I was sued and the suit was fraudulent. My insurance company…

Customer Question
I was sued and...

I was sued and the suit was fraudulent. My insurance company employed an attorney to represent me and the attorney malpracticed me. Can the insurance company be held responsible since they hired the attorney. Cost me about one million dollars.

Lawyer's Assistant: Can you tell me what state this is in? And do you have copies of the medical records?

S.C. this was a civil action and not a medical action

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I contacted my insurance company the made a formal complaint stating that they should be held responsible as well as the attorney. Penn America insurance company’s attorney state they are not responsible for any screw up that their attorney who they hired makes. Is this true

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No and thank you

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
12/3/2017
Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 7 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties.

Your Questions:

Response 1: Yes. The insurance company is ultimately liable to you. Then the insurance company can go after the Attorney's malpractice insurance for subrogation.

Response 2: It is not true. See my first response.

Best wishes,

<p style="margin-top:2.5pt;margin-right:0in;margin-bottom:2.5pt;margin-left:
0in;line-height:12.5pt">A positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating. <p style="margin-top:2.5pt;margin-right:0in;margin-bottom:2.5pt;margin-left:
0in;line-height:12.5pt"> <p style="margin-top:2.5pt;margin-right:0in;margin-bottom:2.5pt;margin-left:
0in;line-height:12.5pt">

Thank you for your cooperation.