Was At a restaurant last night having glass of wine. Wine…

Customer Question
was At a restaurant last...
was At a restaurant last night having glass of wine. Wine glass was chipped and a piece of glass fell off and was in my mouth and ended up cutting it. I was bleeding and contacted mgr and went home. I'd like some compensation. Thoughts.
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
I didn't need medical attn so I didn't go to hospital. Do have an incident report and bloody napkins as evidence.
12/3/2017
Lawyer: Loren, Attorney replied 7 months ago
Loren, Attorney
Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.
I am a certified expert on JustAnswer since 2009, with nearly 100% in 5 star ratings. So, we should be able to work through your problem.
I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.
This is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.
The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. Many find the phone call to be the easiest and fastest way to get the information they need without posting on a public forum. I am also happy to continue online.
There may be a slight delay in my replies as I am assisting other JA customers also. I will reply to your follow up questions.WHILE WE ARE CHATTING DO NOT CLICK ON THE BUTTON TO REQUEST A SECOND OPINION. IT WILL LOCK ME OUT OF THE CHAT AND PREVENT ME FROM REPLYING TO YOU.
Ok
If you were injured due to the defective glass then you are entitled to compensation from the restaurant which served you in the defective glassware.
However, in order to make the claim you will need to have doctor or dentist check the injury and treat it. You should also have photos taken of the injury.
Then you can submit the bills and reports and make a demand on their insurance carrier.
If they will not offer a reasonable settlement you will need to sue them.
If the claim does not exceed the jurisdictional limits you can sue in small claims court. Small claims court is designed to be a "user friendly", simplified process, so that you can present a claim without an attorney. Also, it moves much more quickly than regular court. You can get the necessary forms to start from the clerk of the court.If (and only if) you are completely satisfied that your question is answered, please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page). It is the only way that I am credited by JustAnswer for answering your question.
There is no additional charge to you for rating me favorably.
I need to go to a dentist in order to have them look at it. It's a cut on my lip so no stiches necessary. But if I'm hearin u correctly - I need a doc/dentist report in order to file claim.
Correct. You need to have it looked at by a doctor or dentist. Otherwise, without medical expenses or treatment, it will not get much more than a free dinner.
Ok. Step 1 - get doc review.Step 2 demand letter? Or shall I call gm? I got the top guys biz card who doesn't work wknds
Ask the manager for the contact for their insurance so you can make a claim.
Okay noted. And what is typical settlement range? One of the largest revenue restaurants in the city I live.
3 to 5 times medical bills.
To that add any lost wages. More if permanent facial scar.

Did you have further questions? Have I answered your question?

Fine.

You are very welcome.

If you have no further questions, and have not yet done so, please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page). It is the only way that I am credited by JustAnswer for answering your question.

A bonus is not expected, but is always appreciated.

Thank you!