I was a victim of a robbery a few nights ago. My phone and…

Customer Question
Hi, I was a...

Hi, I was a victim of a robbery a few nights ago. My phone and wallet were stolen, but nothing else. The other people involved in the robbery were believed to be there for drugs, which I didnt know about, but had previously referenced in texts with the person who set me up.

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did this occur?

Kentucky If they find messages on his from from me, referencing drugs, can I be charged?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No, this is my first resort, the lawyers here are closed until tomorow

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/3/2017
Lawyer: Zoey, JD, Attorney replied 4 months ago
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post and will be working on your reply.

How long will that take?
Thanks.

If you let me type the answer it should be a few minutes.

Whether you could be charged would depend upon what your texts said. In the worst case scenario, it might be a basis for the police to get a warrant to search your premises for signs of drug selling activity. But the text alone would likely not be good enough to arrest you.

In any case, the odds are that they would be more concerned about the robbery -- a violent felony offense -- than about you. That's not to say they can't charge you, but they are going to want your testimony to help convict violent offenders. You should consult with a local lawyer tomorrow just in case this is an issue. He may be able to get you immunity in return for your cooperation against the robbers.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.

Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney