I had to exact appellate decisions because the Bergen County…

Customer Question
I had to exact...

I had to exact appellate decisions because the Bergen County court wouldn’t fall of the first now they won’t fall of the second and I don’t know what to do I hate to go the third time

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?

New Jersey

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

New JerseyI have the two last decisions Bergen County is trying to force me to go the third time

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I have the two last decisions Bergen County is trying to force me to go the third timeI am in a business where I have carried a gun for my alarm business for 52 years all of a sudden they are telling me I have no need anymore and I am still conducting the same business

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
12/3/2017
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 4 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Unfortunately, if the local court will not abide by the court order, you have no choice but to return to the appeals court again and you have to explain to the court that the lower court has refused to enforce their previous two orders and ask the appeals court to take action. At this point you really should be using a local attorney to assist you with a writ of mandamus and pursue the appeals court again and ask them to issue the order for the Bergen court to enter the order and not give the Bergen court a choice but to do their job as ordered.

There is no other way legally to force the hand of the lower court though.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Even though the state provides me the right for a carry permit they are close to me a ton of money on renewals because of the sellers prosecutors that does not want to issue gun permits which has no right to get involved in my case I was afraid you would give me that answer because I did not want to go to like a pallet for the third time thank you

Thank you for your reply.

I understand your frustration, but understand NJ is a very anti-gun/anti-second amendment state, so unfortunately, the court of appeals is the option or the other option is filing a suit in US District Court for violation of your 2nd Amendment Rights and seek damages for the lower court violating those rights when the appellate court has ordered them to comply, which is another option for you and a way for you to get monetary compensation for their continued failure to honor your 2nd Amendment Rights.

We already have an attorney and bath at a high cost and we are sort of felt this was the way we had to go because of the corrupt state it’s a prosecutor that says we no longer have a need even though our business has grown more in the last 50 years so we’re just sick of it and we are going to sue the prosecutor thank you very much for your help

Thank you for your reply.

I would strongly consider the Federal Civil Rights Suit for violation of your 2nd Amendment Rights by the lower court and prosecutor, especially since you have an appellate court ruling ordering them to issue the permit and they are refusing to do so.

Law Educator, Esq., Attorney