Due to the most recent shootings in Texas, and else where.

Customer Question
Due to the most...

Due to the most recent shootings in Texas, and else where. My local church has asked several gentlemen if we were able to protect ourselves with a gun only at the church h. My question is, am I able to carry a gun and would I be able to carry at the church for protection only.

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And has any official paperwork been filed?

Maryland, and they do not give permits out often

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
12/3/2017
Lawyer: Olivia Kent, Attorney replied 7 months ago
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. Please note this site is general information for educational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept; the phone call requests don’t come from me - they’re offered by the website - but if you do want a phone call I’d be happy to do that as well. I'll be happy to help you in any way I can.

ANSWER: Wow, a gun in church... that's one I haven't heard! The only way to carry a gun is to have a gun permit that allows you to do so anywhere outside your home (concealed or otherwise) and that presumes that you already have a gun permit to begin with. I hope I've answered your question. If you don't need any additional information, could you please take a moment to check the box stating that I answered your question so that I receive credit for working with you. It doesn't cost you anything extra and it allows me to get credit for helping you. Sometimes people aren't aware that experts don't get any credit for the time and effort that we spend on our answers unless you rate it positively (3 or more stars - 5 is definitely appreciated!). If you have follow up questions I'd be happy to answer them as well. You CAN still ask follow up questions after rating. There may be a lag between your question and my answer; this is because I'm either not at my computer or helping someone else but I assure you I will ALWAYS come back and answer your questions.