Texas, No, No, I will summarize it for the attorney.

Customer Question
Texas Lawyer's Assistant: Has...

Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No, I will summarize it for the attorney.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
12/3/2017
Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 7 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

What is your issue about?

What is your question?

Thank you for your cooperation.

Did you receive my post?

What is your issue about?

What is your question?

This is a post employment retaliation question. Twenty years ago, I worked for the Houston Police Department. During this period of time, I discovered and reported a 4 million dollar budget misappropriate of overtime spending. My captain said I was crazy and I was relieved of duty. I filed an EEOC complaint. I found out via open records that the city attorney concealed the physician statement from the EEOC investigator. In 2016, I applied for the chief of police job with Houston Police Dept. I didn't receive an interview. I applied for director of police planning job in June 2017. The city awarded this job to a w/f/with a history of cancer after the city physician contacted me to take a physical to determine if I had prostate cancer. I did not have cancer. The w/f was allowed to retired from her old city job after discovering that I didn't have cancer and was the job was awarded to the w/f./with cancer. s In the chief of police job, the vetting process did not reveal the known fact that the chief had a sexual abuse case. In the most recent job, I again was not selected even though I was qualified.

Thank you for the information. However, I still do not see a specific question.

What is your question?

My question is are these two incidents a form of post employment retaliation due to the 20 year EEOC complaint which I informed the new Mayor of since I was applying for these jobs in his new administration. I applied for both jobs and was well qualified. I also informed city counsel members of the previous misconduct.
The police vetting process failed to disclose that the appointed Chief had a sexual abuse case is this a form of "negligent hiring" since this information was concealed from the public and city council?Can the police department use a city physician to determine if I have cancer as a pretext so that they can give the job to another applicant that they knew to have cancer. Is this not discriminatory or retaliation in hiring? Charge my card for additional questions.

Kindly let me know when you have finished posting so that I can review your posts in their entirety and prepare my response.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Sorry, I will wait now.

Thank you. I will now prepare my response.

Your questions:

Response 1: The actions taken could be considered retaliation against you because there is no other explanation for the way that you were treated.

The police vetting process failed to disclose that the appointed Chief had a sexual abuse case is this a form of "negligent hiring" since this information was concealed from the public and city council?

Response 2: Yes, it is.

Can the police department use a city physician to determine if I have cancer as a pretext so that they can give the job to another applicant that they knew to have cancer.

Response 3: No. Also, your medical evaluation by the City Physician actually exposed the City since the job was given to someone who has cancer. Your examination to determine if you have cancer was just for a show--not meaningful at all.

Is this not discriminatory or retaliation in hiring?

Response 4: Yes, it is discriminatory/retaliation. It does not make sense to screen you for cancer, then give the job to someone who actually has cancer. This does not pass the smell test. You can sue the City for passing you over.

You may retain the services of a local employment and labor Attorney to assist you with your case.

You can use the following sites to find local Attorneys:

Lawyers.com

Justia.com

Findlaw.com

Best wishes,

A positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Going to bed, now.

Did you not get my answer that was posted at 3:12 AM before your post at 3:40 AM?

Here is the post once more:

Me

Your questions:

Response 2: Yes, it is.

Lawyers.com

Justia.com

Findlaw.com

Best wishes,

Thank you for your cooperation.

3 Dec 2017, 3:12 AM