I lost my job last year made me unable to pay car insurance…

Customer Question
I lost my job...

I lost my job last year made me unable to pay car insurance on time. Then traffic accident happened on December 2016. I was suspended for 15 months. How can I go to work for that long?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

Can a lawyer make appeal to the judge so I can drive again soon?

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

If yes how much is the fee for the lawyer?

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

My name is*****

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Legal
12/3/2017
Lawyer: Marsha411JD, Attorney replied 6 months ago
Marsha411JD, Attorney

Thank you for your post. Can you tell me what State and when your suspension was? Also, are you asking if you can get a limited driver's license for work purposes only?

It was in Queens, NY. December 2016.
Suspended up to May 2018.
I'm asking for driver licence. What is limited driver's license?

Hello again,

Yes, New York, like most states, has legal provisions for conditional or provisional driver's license when someone's DL has been suspended. Depending on the circumstance, one or the other is possible. You should be qualified for a provisional DL, assuming you could produce proof of insurance and will want to follow the directions of how to apply for it contained at the following link: https://dmv.ny.gov/driver-license/conditional-and-restricted-licenses

The DL will be restricted to work and other necessary reasons to drive. Again, the Site has all of the information you will need.