I have a question concerning a name change? State. I will be…

Customer Question
Hi, I have a...

Hi, I have a question concerning a name change ?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Washington State

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I will be filing for a name change this week and was just curious what the restrictions are on the chosen name

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
12/3/2017
Lawyer: INFOLAWYER, Attorney replied 7 months ago
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
You have broad discretion on name choice. It can be a name that is common, rare, recognized or foreign language even. Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”. if I can elaborate on anything, just ask me.
For example; just out of curiosity is the surname 'California' acceptable ?
Sure.
Please select the 5 star (*****) rating on your page for the answer. Happy Holidays!