I have a son in sioux falls sd minnehaha county jail. he is…

Customer Question
I have a son...

I have a son in sioux falls sd minnehaha county jail. he is very mentally ill and when transferred there they did not give him his medication which is critical and he is under a court order to have to take medications. so now he's in isolation and has not been able to shower or even brush his teeth in 5 or more days

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the court order was issued in?

Are they not obligated to give him his meds? It caused him to go very manic which has led to court dates being posponed and doing more harm to him mentally sd

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

With the mandatory medication? Yes it is on file

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not really

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
12/2/2017
Lawyer: JustAnswer, Arbitrator replied 7 months ago
JustAnswer
JustAnswer, Arbitrator
Thanks for posting your question. We're matching you to the right Expert, who will call you at the number you provided. Please leave any new details below.
my phone # is(###) ###-####
Lawyer: ,  replied 7 months ago
Phone call session started