During the foreclosure of my house in Ophir, CA, I found a…

Customer Question
During the foreclosure of...

During the foreclosure of my house in Ophir, CA, I found a very small article in the paper stating that if you felt the your home was foreclosed illegally, contact the FBI fraud division. I went down and talked to them. Found out they were going after the person who designed the original loan on my house for fraud. I asked to be added to the 'class action' suit but because I was 2 months past the time limit (7 years), they would not add me to the other victims. I have been down to the FBI office twice since and they will not tell me any information on the case. The bank that was going to evict me, Deutch Bank, would not have foreclosed on me if they knew that the FBI was conducting a case on the original loan. The FBI knew who I was, had me look at mug shots of the guilty persons, and even told me that the loan was 'questionable', and basically treated me like shit, like I was soo stupid as to get a loan thru this person. Would like to know my options, thanks, ***** *****

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And has any paperwork been filed?

This all happened in Placer County, CA. No, no papers have been filed because most attorneys do not want to deal with the FBI.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No, just been going down to the FBI office in Sacramento trying to get any information. I have a feel that Ken Jonoibi, the person who got the original loan, plead guilty ONLY if his case was sealed so no one else could go after him.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Way to much information to write down pretaining to what happened.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
12/2/2017
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 7 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Unfortunately, the issue of the statute of limitations is not the fault of the FBI, that is set by the law and if you were 2 months beyond the statute of limitations, the hands of the FBI were tied.

The only option left at this point, if it has not been more than 4 years since the foreclosure, is to sue DB for unlawful foreclosure and seek to get the court to award you monetary damages for the foreclosure based on the fraudulent loan.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.