We purchased a new Ford Edge in Aug. discovered it was

Customer Question
We purchased a new...

We purchased a new Ford Edge in Aug. discovered it was leaking water due to

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Florida

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes i have been in contact with ford's costumer service people

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

There still is mold in our car after new carpets . ford wants to end it at that. who is responsible for our mold problem?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
12/2/2017
Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Can you tell me more here, did they replace carpets, has it been tested for mold afterwards??

In order for your car to be considered a lemon, the following must have occurred within 24 months following the date of delivery (the Lemon Law Rights Period):

• The vehicle defect or condition must "substantially impair the use, value, or safety" of the vehicle.
  • The vehicle must have undergone at least 3 attempts to repair the same issue.
  • The vehicle must have out of service for repair of the defect for 15 days or more.

If the preceding conditions apply, mail a Motor Vehicle Defect Notification (MVDN) form to the manufacturer (not dealer) of your vehicle. The form must be sent by registered or express mail, with return receipt requested. This gives the manufacturer one final opportunity to attempt a repair or at least inspect the vehicle.

If, after 10 days, this final repair attempt or inspection has still not taken place, you are now free to seek arbitration under Florida's lemon law.

Be sure to collect detailed records of your vehicle's service history and any correspondence you may have had with your vehicle's manufacturer and authorized dealers.

These are the conditions of the Florida lemon law if you think it qualifies you can file here.

Claim for to file

http://myfloridalegal.com/webfiles.nsf/WF/MRAY-8JBLAK/$file/MotorVehicleDefectNotificationform.pdf

I would file here if there were multiple attempts to repair and remove the mold.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks and thanks for rating 5 stars.

I wish you the best here.Sorry this happened to you.