My husband died 6/08 of this year.he had an overpayment and…

Customer Question
My husband died 6/08...

My husband died 6/08 of this year.he had an overpayment and was paying it back at 25 per month.now,they sent me a letter stating that I have to pay it back.so,i won't get any until july of 2018,at 1000 per month.that leaves me with 0.

Lawyer's Assistant: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.

Ok

Lawyer's Assistant: Since estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Pennsylvania.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I don't understand.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
12/2/2017
Lawyer: INFOLAWYER, Attorney replied 7 months ago
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
You are not personally liable.
If his estate has assets the estate would assume it and even then can usually negotiate a better deal!
Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
then what can I do?
Tell them you are not liable and if no assets in his estate they should close the file!
Good luck!