I have called Social Security to tell it about my address…

Customer Question
I have called Social...

I have called Social Security to tell it about my address change. I am told the wait time is l hour. Ca n I write

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Social Security and give it my new address? Where? Do I need a form?

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Noth ing has been filed or reported. If I can write SS, then give me the address and corraect procedure.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/2/2017
Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

You can do this online.You have to create a my social security page and you can do the change of address.

https://www.ssa.gov/myaccount/

This would avoid the call waiting here.I know its frustrating.If you set up your account you can also check your benefits and other information like medicare.

I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.

Thanks and thanks for rating 5 stars.

Have a Happy Holidays.