How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ray Your Own Question
Ray, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 50767
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Ray is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have called Social Security to tell it about my address

Customer Question

I have called Social Security to tell it about my address change. I am told the wait time is l hour. Ca n I write
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: social Security and give it my new address? Where? Do I need a form?
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Noth ing has been filed or reported. If I can write SS, then give me the address and corraect procedure.
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Ray replied 11 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Expert:  Ray replied 11 months ago.

You can do this online.You have to create a my social security page and you can do the change of address.

This would avoid the call waiting here.I know its frustrating.If you set up your account you can also check your benefits and other information like medicare.

I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.

Thanks and thanks for rating 5 stars.

Have a Happy Holidays.