What is the 'Statue of Limitations' on Grand LArceny?

Customer Question
What is the 'Statue...

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did this occur?

Arkansas

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

It's my 'Brother in Law!

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
12/2/2017
Lawyer: Lucy, Esq., Attorney replied 4 months ago
Lucy, Esq., Attorney

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

Arkansas has consolidated grand larceny into its general theft statute, so that particular phrase no longer appears. Depending on the specific facts of the case, grand larceny would typically be a Class B or C felony. It's class B if the value of the item is over $25,000. It would be Class C if the value of the property is between $5,000 and $25,000.

The statute of limitations for either is three years. Ark. Stat., Section 5-1-109.

Please rate my answer positively so I get paid for the time spent answering your questions. If you're on a mobile device, you may have to scroll to the left. Thank you.

Do you have any other questions about this?

Lucy, Esq., Attorney