Law educator family court advise How could,can,does a person…

Customer Question
Law educator family court advise How...
Law educator family court advise
How could,can,does a person show preferential treatment in a case?
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
12/1/2017
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 4 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Preferential treatment would require you to show that the judge is ruling contrary to the laws on continual basis for the party. So, you would need to show the judge's rulings are not merely within the judge's discretion, but contrary to the law on a regular basis in favor of the other party.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Thank you law educator. How does one go about doing this?

Thank you for your reply.

You need to research the laws to show his rulings are contrary to the law. That is the only way to do it.

Thank you law educator so it merely can't be where can't be by motions as well appears mines are by motions and by time periods?

Thank you for your reply.

I am afraid not, you need more than ruling against you and you will need to show how his rulings are against the laws and what laws they violate. This is a complicated thing to do.

Perhaps I'm not using the right words when I say preferential on maybe there is another term legal word for it ?For example, the bankruptcy court sent dv judge an order stating that she was given her direction to make awards to whom property was to go some 11 months ago. However, she did nothing until opposing party was able to effectively get one of the houses out of the bankruptcy out of my bankruptcy and when that happen he went to his divorce Council and at that time unbeknownst media divorce cancelled did a motion or to the divorce judge telling a divorce judge that she had the power to divide the property and then I get in the mail a division of property as if I was in the court and I was never informed about it so what I'm saying is that she didn't do anything until the opposing parties attorney told her to for 11 months and this has been going on before and it always seemed to be in their favor like subpoenas everything that is put through she approved which wasn't much I was trying to get with spousal maintenance and she never approved it so I guess that's the law is it not the spousal maintenance she ordered it but then reneged on it and even while he was in his bankruptcy I didn't get it and I was supposed to so is that the law sorry for the rambling
Trying to talk and text trying to do the talk text and forgive me for misspelled words

Thank you for your reply.

The judge has more than your case to deal with and 11 months is not unreasonable if the judge has other cases on their docket. That would not show preferential treatment though.

Law Educator, Esq., Attorney