I have a family law question for the State of Texas. I have…

Customer Question
Hi I have a...

Hi I have a family law question for the State of Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Yes

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I have spoken

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
12/1/2017
Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

What question can I help you with?

I have a filed SACPR in Texas court and I would like to close the account.

You want to dismiss the suit here is that correct?

Hello

vie me a minute to get your forms.

Forms?

Here is an Agreed Motion and Order if you want to dismiss the suit??

https://texaslawhelp.org/sites/default/files/pr_dis1_104_agreedmotion_to_dismiss_without_prejudice.pdf

Let me know if this is not what you need, thanks.

I'm the one that filed the suit. The father didn't. Can I get it dropped w/o his signature?

If he didn't file an answer then yes you can file yourself if he filed answer it has to be both of you.

If the other party has not filed a claim against you (meaning the other party has not filed a counterpetition, counterclaim, or asked for attorney’s fees or for anything else from you in the case), fill out the following two forms.

Note: On both forms fill out the box at the top (called the caption) so that it looks exactly like the Petition filed in your case. Be sure to include the cause number and court number.

• Notice of Nonsuit without Prejudice

This form tells the judge you want to nonsuit your case. Fill it out completely and sign it.

If the other party filed an answer or was served, fill out and sign the Certificate of Service section at the bottom to show that you sent a copy of the Notice of Nonsuit to the other party.

• Order Granting Nonsuit without Prejudice (called Order for short)

You will ask the judge to sign this form to order your case dismissed. Fill it out completely except for the judge’s signature.

Take the completed Notice of Nonsuit form and at least 2 copies to the clerk’s office where you filed your case. The clerk will keep the original, stamp your copies, and give the copies back to you.

Ask the clerk when you can give your proposed Order to the judge. You may be able to see the judge that day. Or, you may have to come back another day. Read the article TIPS for the Courtroom for information about going to court.

After the judge has signed your Order, turn in the signed Order at the clerk’s office. Get a file-stamped copy of the Order for your records.

Its a nonsuit if he didn't file answer here are forms to do that.

Thanks for letting me clarify here.

He's never filed an answer however they filed to get a new hearing bc he defaulted. Is that considered an answer

Then you need to do an agreed dismissal.He will sign this he is getting off the hook here, no reason he wouldn't do so.It favors him here.

Thanks for the followup.

Thanks for rating stars at top of page.

Happy Holidays.