Can charges be filed when an 85 year old man, is left to…

Customer Question
Can charges be filed...

Can charges be filed when an 85 year old man, is left to starve and freeze to death?

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And just to clarify, have charges been officially filed?

California- I, a friend of 40 years, have been in continuously contact with the individual. Started calling for Wellness Check in October, because no one checks on him, refills propane, on and on eventhough he lives in a new Allegro Motorhome on his property to which his daughter and son in law and grandkids live in the home, as they have over the years moved him out, more than enough people to check on him daily.I last talked with him on 11-22 and he had 2 glasses of milk the last 2 days for food and had fallen and was tired and cold, as it is 68 in the motorhome.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

The office that did the wellness checks, I have been calling since Sat. and they are always going to call me back, but they don't. His phone on Thursday when right to voice mail, have not been able to reach him and I decided to go on facebook and I see RIP Bob- another call in to the Sherriffs Office- they will call me back again.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

He has 5 daughters- 4 that are local, one 500 feet away. He came down from Twin Peaks and stayed in front of our house for a month or so but daughter didn't like that, so he went back up. I just got a call from the Sheriff to find out he died 11-26 and his daughter was making final arrangements. Cause of death has not been listed as of yet.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
12/1/2017
Lawyer: Zoey, JD, Attorney replied 7 months ago
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Please be patient as I may need to research for you, and it also takes time to compose and type a reply.

In California, elder abuse can be prosecuted under 368 PC. Someone intentionally subjecting an adult of 65 or older to a situation that endangers his health and safety can be prosecuted for the neglect/abandonment of the senior. You can see the law as to this here:

https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/codes_displaySection.xhtml?lawCode=PEN&sectionNum=368

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.

I'm able to pull that information off the internet. that tells me little I don't already know.

It answers what you asked. If there is more you wish to know about this situation, you have to ask it, as otherwise there's no way I can know what you already know and what more you're looking to find out. I'll be happy to add to my answer.