If I been living in a place for 7 months, but not in the…

Customer Question
If I been...

If I been living in a place for 7 months, but not in the lease and got kicked out and have no where to go. What can I do?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

SC

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

But Ill be on the street, for I have no where to go.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
12/1/2017
Lawyer: LegalKnowledge, Attorney replied 7 months ago
LegalKnowledge, Attorney

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Who kicked you out? Did you live there with someone?

My bf
Are you still there?
Lawyer: INFOLAWYER, Attorney replied 7 months ago
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
Different expert. what can I answer for you?
Hello, anyone there?
If he didn’t get a court order it’s an illegal eviction. You can take him to court. You can also get police to get you back in. You can also sue for compensation.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
But I'm not in the lease, we only had a verbal agreement.
You still have tenant rights!
He could not kick you out or lock you out.
Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Even in South Carolina? How many days I got before I have to move?
30 day notice was needed and then taken to court!