My son got arrested for burglary of habitation, he was sent…

Customer Question
My son got arrested...

My son got arrested for burglary of habitation, he was sent to alternative school because of the offense. At a football game he was sitting with another young man that was not suppose to be on school property. The superintendent approached the 2 young men while they were watching the game, shook their hands and left. Moments later the superintendent came back, only to have the police with him. They asked the other young man to leave, however it upset my son because, he was not understanding why the superintendent didn't tell this to them before causing a disruption moment by bringing the police with him. In the meantime, this upset my son and he lashed out after the superintendent told the police that the other guy wasn't suppose to be there. My son asked why did he do that, it wasn't like they were causing a problem.

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?

My son afterwards told the superintedent f*** you twice, they were then escorted outside the football stadium

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

This happened Sept 8, 2017 in Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/1/2017
Lawyer: Olivia Kent, Attorney replied 7 months ago
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. Please note this site is general information for educational purposes only and doesn’t constitute not legal advice. You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept; the phone call requests don’t come from me - they’re offered by the website - but if you do want a phone call I’d be happy to do that as well. I'll be happy to help you in any way I can.

What can I answer for you? I've read what you wrote but I don't see a question listed.

I do believe that this is a case of racial profiling. I have so much more that I can write, but I really need help to protect my son it so

What can I answer for you? If you would like a phone call to discuss any issues I would be happy to do that as well.

I received a letter Superintendent that he was no longer allowed on school property. Any school property go to any activities home or away. Or transpassing charges would be filed against him.
Could this be racial profiling or discrimination because he is black or because he and a victim go to the same school

Is he a student at the school? Is he suspended? What is his status as it pertains to the school?

He is no longer a student
I withdrew him. This lettw r was sent to is after o withdrew my son from school. Seems to make sure he doesn't come.back

O​kay I see. So, no this has nothing to do with racial profiling. Whether he is black, white, green or blue if a student is no longer a student the school has every right to call their presence on school grounds trespassing - maybe not the first time but subsequent times when they tell the student not to come back. Also, I'm not sure which "victim" youre talking about but if there is a "victim" that would doubly increase the likelihood that the school would not want him present as a safety issue for everyone. I hope that makes sense.

That makes sense. However before the incident at the game. He was going to school.there and all was.well. that is why i ask the question beside the dad coming to the school making threats to the faculty about him.still going to school there.

Is there anything else I can answer for you?