Is there anything i can to to forstall an attempt to evict…

Customer Question
Is there anything i...

Is there anything i can to to forstall an attempt to evict me..i have lived here rent free for 10 years.. and my friend who owns the house .. now wants me to pay 1000 a month rent? I have never had a lease or agreement

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Arizona

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Some management comany sent me an email to pay it

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not atm

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
12/1/2017
Lawyer: INFOLAWYER, Attorney replied 7 months ago
INFOLAWYER, Attorney

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

You can negotiate a rent amount acceptable to both but otherwise need to eventually vacate when court ordered. You cannot stay on without paying rent where the friend wants to end that arrangement.

i just need 30 days to get out to new place.. deal with owner or management company?

It takes longer to evict so you should be able to get that time on consent. I would speak to owner first and get an agreement to that effect

Is my reply acceptable?