My ex husband is talking to my boyfriends ex wife spreading…

Customer Question
My ex husband is...

My ex husband is talking to my boyfriends ex wife spreading lies. Now she is harassing him about me. It’s getting crazy! We are both sick of the harassment. My ex says he’s over me but he won’t stop interfering with my life, is there anything I️ can do?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

California

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Not about this.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

My ex is a cop and apparently my new neighbor used to work with him and he has him spying on me. At least that’s what he said.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
12/1/2017
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 4 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

You have a right to go to court to file a civil harassment restraining order against him to prevent him from communicating to you or your boyfriend directly OR INDIRECTLY, along with a civil suit for harassment and defamation.

Since he will not stop his conduct, you need to take him to court for defamation and the restraining order, that would be the only thing people like him would understand and it would stop him, because then if he violates the court order you can report him to his department's internal affairs unit and they could discipline him including termination for non-compliance.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Law Educator, Esq., Attorney