I WAS INQUIRING WHAT CHARGES COULD I FILE AGAINST THE VI…

Customer Question
I WAS INQUIRING WHAT...

I WAS INQUIRING WHAT CHARGES COULD I FILE AGAINST THE VI GOVT AS TO MY SON BEING BRUTALLY RAPED IN PRISON . I MADE INQUIRIES, TO OBTAIN HIS MEDICAL RECORD BECAUSE HEHAD TO HAVE SURGERY, I WAS TOLD THERE WAS NONE. I WAS AT THE HOSPITAL WHENTHE SURGERY WAS COMPLETED. I ASKED THE DR FOR HIS NAME AND WAS NEVER TOL;D, I C ALLED BOC AND WROTE TOTHE DIRECTOR IN CHARGE OFTHE CRIMINAL DIVISION AND NEVER GOT A REPLY. I WAS TOSSED FROM EARTH TO HEAVEN AND BACK, RE OBTAINING INFO. I JUST COULD NOTMOVE FORWARD IN AN ATTEMPT TO GET A CASE. THIS PLACE IS PROFESSIONALLY CORRUPT. AS I SAID YESTERDAY, HE WASTOLD HE AND HIS FAMILY WOULD BEKILLED IT EVER GOT OUT. THANK YOU FOR REPLYING

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

I LIVE IN ST. THOMAS, USVI, ANDTHERE IS NOT STATUTE OF LIMINATION WHERE RAPE IS CONCERNED.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

YES. THE RAPE OCCURRED IN 2006, AND I HAVE WRITEEN LETTERS TO THE CRIMINAL DIRECTOR, HE NEVER REPLIED. I SAW HIM AND ASKED AND HE TOTALLY IGNORED ME. I WROTE TO THE PRESENT GOVENOR WHO NEVER REPLIED EITHER. WHAT CAN I DO, BECAUSE JUSTICE HAS TO BE DONE FOR MY SON.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

WHAT ISD THE NEXT PROCESS, I WAS THINK ING AB OUT GOING TO THE NEWSPAPER. WHAT DO YOU THINKL. I ALSO WENT TO MANY LAWYERS AND WAS TOLD THEY COULD NOT TAKE THE CASE B ECAUSE THEY HAVE TO LIVE HERE, AND THAT IS HOW CORRUPT THE VIRGIN ISLAND IS. YOU HAVE TO LIVE HERE TO ***** THE CORRUPTION.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
12/1/2017
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 7 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

You can sue the party who raped your son, since they are the responsible party. If the prison's policies or conduct caused the rape to occur or if the prison officials or employees were actually involved in the rape, you could file a civil rights lawsuit against them in the US District Court in the VI, since they do come under US federal laws, including civil rights laws.

Also, this is the type of complaint, since you are alleging public corruption, that you can file with the FBI as well.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.