I was subpoena to appear before the grand jury. I submitted…

Customer Question
Hello, I was subpoena...

Hello, I was subpoena to appear before the grand jury. I submitted a copy of the subpoena to my employer who in turn investigated that the case on line and mentioned the entire case of my sister being murdered to the entire staff

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Washington, dc

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I went to the owner of the company and expressed that I felt it was an invasion of privacy and disrespectful ..he responded "Oh well"

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I feel that I am target here at my job with several defaming comments that are alleged by others but I have never spoken with the third party... I have everything in writing where she acknowledge seeing that the subpoena was a murder case

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/1/2017
Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Okay thanks
I can't afford the $59 at this moment

You would have right here to sue for invasion of privacy and defamation if there were false statements made.Consider local lawyer to send cease and desist letter here.If it doesn't stop here you may sue employer and anyone else involved.I agree with you the employer should have respected your privacy in this matter and the others who made false statements defamed you .

Thanks ..

Lawyer to send letter and sue here

BADC Lawyer Referral Service (LRS)
Website: http://www.badc.org/i4a/pages/index.cfm?pageid=3309
Bar Association of the District of Columbia*****NW

Thanks again and thanks for rating 5 stars at to pof page

Prayers to you , sorry you are having to deal with this.
Washington, DC 20036
Call(###) ###-####br />

Stars are at top of page, have a great day.

Ray, Lawyer