I have 3 boys and they live with me. I have them mon-fri.

Customer Question
Ok I have 3...

Ok I have 3 boys and they live with me. I have them mon-fri. Their dad picks them up on Fri night returns them on sun 5:00pm. He recently picked them up and won't bring them home. We've never marriage. What can I do to get them back the fastest?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Also my youngest he's not in the birth certificate

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

NC

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
12/1/2017
Lawyer: LegalKnowledge, Attorney replied 7 months ago
LegalKnowledge, Attorney

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good morning. I am sorry to hear about this. Is there any court order in place or is this an informal agreement? Do you know why he will not return them?

No court order and the reason he's saying is BC my sons teacher told him she had some concerns. My child told teacher he walks to store alone which us untrue. All the reasons he's giving is ludacris. No school official has contacted me at all
Also my oldest 13years old has not visited his dad in couple years. He seen domestic violence with me and his dad and has a hard time letting go of what his dad done to me. He went for Thanksgiving and dad won't send him home now

Thank you for the reply. At this time, you can try contacting the police and see if they will get involved and help. This is a civil matter, not criminal but if you explain that there is no court order in place and he has no legal right to keep them, they may help get them returned since there is no proof or evidence he is even allowed to have them. Now, if they are not able to, a motion needs to be filed with the court, to establish custody and visitation. Once this is done, it can be ordered by the Judge and have legal effect. If they are at school today, there is also nothing preventing you from picking them up, as the mother, so that would be something you need to consider as well.

Hea never paid for anything for these boys. We agreed verbally to do week to week but then he decided to keep them from me. Yes I considered going to school picking them up. Just trying to do Everton everything legally
He has kept them out school last 3 days
Can it be kidnapping if my youngest he is not listed on his birth certificate

Yes, it could be. That is why you can 1) report this to the police and get them involved and 2) pick them up, when able to. He also can get in trouble for keeping them out of school, without a legal basis, so this is something to share as well, since it appears he is doing this to prevent you from getting them back

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!