I hired a lawyer to help me do a job he charge me $1000 I…

Customer Question
I hired a lawyer...

I hired a lawyer to help me do a job he charge me $1000 I told him I did not have money upfront he told me we could work it off by a naked pic and also he wants to meet me what can I do about it

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

ALABAM

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

We’re not yet I did not know if I can actually file something against him for doing that I did agree at first but I was scared and I ended up firing him I do have text messages from him saying exactly what he wanted for me

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Just want to know how to handle it and to let you know that it happened back in March or April of this year

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
12/1/2017
Lawyer: Lucy, Esq., Attorney replied 7 months ago
Lucy, Esq., Attorney

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear that this happened.

Yes, you can report it. Rule 1.8 specifically prohibits a lawyer from making sexual advances toward an existing or prospective client, or from demanding sexual relations in exchange for representing someone. Asking for nude pictures as payment is likely going to be considered a violation of that rule, especially if his request for meeting suggested he wanted sexual favors from you.

There are also rules about what sort of fees can be charged, and nude pictures are not an acceptable way of asking a client to pay for legal services.

Here is more information on filing a complaint against a lawyer, including a form you can use.

https://www.alabar.org/assets/uploads/2014/08/Complaint-form_brochure-2012.pdf

If you have any questions or concerns about my response, please reply WITHOUT RATING. It's important that you are 100% satisfied with my courtesy and professionalism. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so I am paid for the time I spend answering questions. If you are on a mobile device, you may need to scroll to the right. There is no charge for follow-up questions. Thank you.

Do you have any questions about this?