Which section address bonds? Texas, several years ago I was…

Customer Question
Which section address bonds? ...

Which section address bonds?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Texas, several years ago I was a municipal judge and I thought a bond was not punishment but for appearance. Has this changed?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No I was just wondering with all the talk about people with conviction needing higher bonds. This info is just to see if I still remember correctly.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I don't think so

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/1/2017
Lawyer: Zoey, JD, Attorney replied 7 months ago
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post and I'm working on your answer. Please give me a few minutes to type a response.

You're correct. Bond is to ensure court appearance. But in determining the amount of the bond, judges have always taken into consideration the severity of the charge and the strength of the prosecutor's case, along with the defendant's ties to the community and criminal history.

Thank you. I guess I still remember correctly. I was an independent judge not a law officer judge.

Yup. It hasn't changed at all.

I strive for 5-star service. If I have addressed all of your concerns, please take the time to rate my service to you by selecting 5 stars on the rating scale, as a rating of okay or better is the only way that JustAnswer will give us Experts credit for our work. You would still be able to post further follow-ups on this question thread about this for no additional cost, even after I've been rated.

Best wishes for the coming holiday season.

Very quick and very knowledgeable I give this expert a 10. Hope that’s the highest grade.

Thank you!