How much does it cost to have a name change filed? I need to…

Customer Question
How much does it...

How much does it cost to have a name change filed?

Lawyer's Assistant: It can cost anywhere from $10 to $100, depending on the type of issue and how much of the Lawyer's time your question is expected to take (how complex and lengthy an answer you require).

I need to change my first name from Jackie to Jack. the only thing that has Jackie is birth certificate and MO drivers license.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I tried to do it on line I have filled out the document and had it notorized but I find out I need more forms and are unable to get on line.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
11/30/2017
Lawyer: Expert James, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Expert James
Expert James, Lawyer

Hello! My name is***** have over 12 years of legal experience. Please allow me some time to review your question.

First, the information you received at the start is not for the cost of a name change. That is the cost of this service.

In what state are you seeking a name change? Is that still MO? Which county?

Do you still want me to help you find out the fee for the name change?

Tina, Lawyer