I got a notice that a 14 year old debt has been revived by…

Customer Question
I got a notice...

I got a notice that a 14 year old debt has been revived by the courts and the attorney is threatening garnishment. Is this right?

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?

Ohio

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I got a notice from the court saying it has been revived

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I was served with a certified letter, but I had no idea what the letter was going to be about. I honestly don't even remember this debt

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
11/30/2017
Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 7 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties.

Unfortunately, the Judgment can be revived and your account garnished. See Ohio Revised Code Section 2325.15. However, a notice of intent to revive must be served on you so that you can tell the Court why you object to it. See Ohio Revised Code Section 2325.16. If it was not done here, then you need to file Motion with the Court to object to the revival of judgment.

Best wishes,

A positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating.

Thank you for your cooperation.