I have no copy of my will - so went in to verify if I the…

Customer Question
I have no copy...

I have no copy of my will - so went in to verify if I the funds left to grand kids was over seen my my son, and yes it is - also discovered my g kids were getting 75% of any monies left and son only 25%. - it is incorrect. my son was to get 50% and g kids share 50%

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

Also asked question if I could tap into my husbands cpp on his death (he is sick) although we have been seprated 8 yrs. I se him everyday and cook for him etc. I was told because this was considered a condsil there were be no charge.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Law office phone next day and 250 for office visit. the answer on cpp was not clarified - thet should have told me the funeral director gives forms out automatically after death. I'm low income and feel $250 is too much money.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
11/30/2017
Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Are you in the US here, what state, thanks.

no canada

Let me get you a Canadian expert, please stand by.

okay
there were just those two questions i asked my lawyer - 1t was - any monies left to g kids is it in trust with my son, and yes it is - The lawyer read out g kids get 75% of any money and son 25%. Which is incorrect - It should read son 50% and g kids share 50%. The will document is incorrect according to my wishes. I also asked if I could apply for cpp in death of my husband (who is very ill) we are seprated 8 years but i see him every day and look after him. I was told over phone by law office that this visit was free - under condcil - whatever - next day office called and said I would have to pay $250 for information given to me. Now thay won't correct error of % until I pay $250- what can i do?
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 7 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

I am sorry, but what is your question about this for us?