How a question U have a question' sorry I* Ny. I filed an…

Customer Question
How a question U...

How a question U have a question' sorry I*

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Ny

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I filed an order protect with my landlord whose my sister because she came in my apartment and start trouble ... now she has her lawyers trying to evict me

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No go ahead

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
11/30/2017
Lawyer: Dwayne B., Attorney replied 4 months ago
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today.

I read your facts, is there a specific question with which I can assist?

can her lawyer allow to contact me after the temporary order protection is being served
are you there

Please allow me several minutes to read your facts and type my response both initially and when you add a follow up question or add facts. Please don't ask "are you there", etc., since when you post it can erase what I am working on. If we are having a conversation unless I tell you I am going offline, I will be here but I may be doing research.

Her lawyer can contact you unless the court order specially states they cannot. The reasoning behind this is that there may be additional hearing scheduled or other matters which require the attorney notify you which is contact.

In addition, it is almost impossible to draft an Order of Protection which allows for a case to be defended without allowing contact by the lawyers. Plus, presumably, the lawyers didn't do anything inappropriate in the matter which is one of the requirements in granting an order against someone.

Of course, there are unique circumstances in which a lawyer could be the subject of a protective order but the request would have to be specific and the order drafted specifically with them in mind.

There is an extra charge for us to review any documents and unless these documents are required to understand the case it is usually not worth the extra charge to review them for information.

We are not allowed to offer you our opinions on the documents nor are we allowed to interpret them for you.

can she have some post an eviction notice on the door

Yes, in general an order of protection doesn't prevent the person under the order from proceeding with legal actions. As I said to know what is or is not allowed, you would have to have a local attorney review documents but courts are generally prohibited from taking any action which interferes with a persons right to sue which would include the right to evict.

can I stop the eviction process

You can defend against the eviction but simply having an order of protection does not prevent you from being evicted. Certainly it can play a part but it is not enough alone to the eviction.

If your question has been answered then I'd offer my best wishes to you and ask that you please not forget to leave a 5 Star Positive Rating so I receive credit for my work. Of course, please feel free to ask any follow-up questions in this thread. I want to be sure all of your questions are answered.

Even if you are a subscriber or have a trial membership please leave a 5 Star Positive Rating so that the website knows I have answered your question.

Dwayne B.
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney