I post videos about the suffering in Syria on YouTube. Until…

Customer Question
I post videos about...

I post videos about the suffering in Syria on YouTube. Until recently they never said anything. Now they are removing them and there is nothing in them that violate their guidelines. I've appealed 2 times already and I don't think they ever look at the videos anyway.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Georgia

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

This is the first time I have asked any legal council

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

My 1st amendment rights are being deliberately refused by YouTube. They aren't doing this on my other YouTube channels either, yet.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
11/30/2017
Lawyer: Attorney2, Attorney replied 7 months ago
Attorney2
Attorney2, Attorney

Welcome to JA and thank you for your question. I will be the Attorney that will be assisting you.

YouTube is violating my 1st amendment rights of free speech. They constantly are removing videos I post about the little children in Syria who have suffered so much. There is NOTHING graphic or vulgar in them. I appeal their decisions and they just go back and remove it again.
they claim my videos violate their community guidelines, but there's nothing in my videos that match their claim I am. How can I sue YouTube for this deliberate obstruction of my civil rights ?

Youtube is a company and not the government. When you use Youtube you agree to their terms if service. https://developers.google.com/youtube/terms/api-services-terms-of-service

if I'm not violating their rules, then terms of service wouldn't apply
by the way, you mention YouTube isn't the government. Why can homosexuals sue private businesses for refusing to serve them ?

You can create your own site that has no rules. In the meantime the terms of service leave the content you can post on their site in their discretion. Are your videos being discriminated against and you are in a protected class of people, such as homosexuals?

what should that matter ? Everyone should be considered, not just some.
what if I were a homosexual, should that make a difference ?

If you feel they are discriminating against you then you have a lawsuit.

"Determining Your Protected Class

The Civil Rights Act of 1964 has heavily influenced the way that courts determine the protected groups under discrimination laws. The Civil Rights Act of 1964 prevents discrimination in educational facilities and public workplaces. Under the Civil Rights Act of 1964, a person may not be discriminated against due to the following:

• Age
  • Pregnancy
  • National Origin
  • Race
  • Ethnic Background
  • Religious Beliefs
  • Sexual Orientation" http://www.attorneys.com/discrimination/what-are-protected-classes
My constitutional rights are being violated by YouTube. I obey their guidelines, yet they still remove my videos. There's nothing graphic in them. The same picture they show on television almost every day.
this is the kind of image I use, there's nothing in it they can say violates their policies. Just their willful defying of my rights to express my feelings.
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 7 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

YouTube is not a government entity, therefore they do not owe you a "constitutional right." YouTube policies state clearly they reserve the right to determine what content displays on their site and what does not. Even if your video does not violate site terms, they are a private business and as long as they are not discriminating against you based only on your age/race/sex/disability/national origin, legally they can control what goes on their site. Homosexuals cannot sue ALL businesses that refuse them, that is only in a limited number of states and under state law, not under any federal or constitutional law claim.

Only a government entity has a constitutional duty to protect and allow your rights to free expression and speech. A private website does not have to allow content they do not want to allow.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

if businesses can restrict a person's civil rights, what point is there to having a constitution ?
I am disabled, but what I post is part of my therapy too. Does that count for anything ?

Thank you for your reply.

Businesses are not the government. Civil rights apply to the government's infringement on the rights of its citizens. Even though you are disabled, YouTube is a private site, so they can restrict the content as they choose.

They cannot prevent you from setting up your own web domain name and putting your videos on the internet, but YouTube and Facebook etc. have the right to restrict the content on their sites.

at least you told me what rights I have, none.

Thank you for your reply.

I wish I could change that for you, but I did not write the laws and did not write YouTube's terms of service, so all I can do is tell you what the laws are regarding the facts you presented us with.