I was born in 1936 I was told always understood my last name…

Customer Question
I was born in...

I was born in 1936 I was told always understood my last name was Larsen, I went through 12 grades of school as Larsen, I was listed as Larsen for the draft and sereved with honors in the USAF as Larsen. Besides that I have several other official documents using Larsen as my last name. I requested and filed away my birth certficate in case and have never needed that until now, which to my surprise list my last name as Larson. Do I have to have that corrected for the filing with the TSA or can bring several other official documents

Lawyer's Assistant: Because education law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

I now reside in Colorado, but was born in South Dakota

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I am not sure what you mean by filed or reported. I did fill out an application with TSA for universal enroll, but have not had response while my wife received a response two days ago.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I have traveled abroad to several countries as a tourist and worked as volunteer in as least six countries.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
11/30/2017
Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

I would wait and see if this passes through here with TSA.If your wife's went through yours might too.

You are going to have other problems here with social security and military retirement.

You may consider petition for name change and go to Larsen.This can be done pretty easy and would prevent a lot of problems.

You can file for name change here yourself, here is step by step.

https://www.courts.state.co.us/Forms/Forms_List.cfm?Form_Type_ID=25

I would consider this as a long term fix otherwise you are bound to have problems here at some point.This would allow you to become Larsen like all your documents.

I would give TSA a few weeks to see if you get rejected.You can always send them documentation.And please consider a legal name change here.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks again.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

Lawyer: KLAW, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
KLAW
KLAW, Lawyer
To apply for the TSA PreCheck you need to submit 1) a Valid Passport OR other form of government ID (ie, Driver’s License, I.D. card, or Permanent Resident Card); and2) A birth certificate.This will create a problem when applying even if you submit all the other documents in Support. For their purposes the names must match on all the required documents.Your only option is to have the passport and driver’s license, and social security documents changed to Larson to reflect the legal name which is your birth certificate name.A more costly option would be to do an official name change to Larsen, but that would require filing a name change petition in court and having the court issue an order with Larson.I hope this clarifies. Please don’t forget to rate the question with stars so that I will receive credit and payment for assisting you with your question.
If you have any other questions please just ask