Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney
Experience:  Partner at Kent Law Group, LLC
92304199

I sent some money to a friend through FedEx now the state

Customer Question

I sent some money to a friend through FedEx now the state police have my money
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?
Customer: I sent it in Ohio to my friend in Brentwood ca, tues
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no I can't find one who deals with this type of situation
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: that's it
Expert:  Olivia Kent replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. Please note this site is general information for educational purposes only and doesn’t constitute not legal advice. You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept; the phone call requests don’t come from me - they’re offered by the website - but if you do want a phone call I’d be happy to do that as well. I'll be happy to help you in any way I can. So, can you tell me a bit more about what happened. How did it go from a FedEx envelope to the police?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

It was a next delivery and it never left when it got to Indiana, I called FedEx to see where it was they said the Indiana state police had it

Okay, so you'll want to go to the police station and file a claim for the return of your funds. You havent described any basis for why they would be able to keep these funds.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

I'm in Ohio do I have to travel to Indiana to do so, and any idea why they would do this

Well, it's unusual to say the least. I would call the police department in Indiana and ask to speak with someone regarding your funds if you're unable to drive there. Packages aren't routinely opened so I suspect that they suspect some type of illegal activity.