It came to my attention that I was denied a job at black…

Customer Question
It came to my...

It came to my attention that I was denied a job at black diamond golf& county club because I lacked curb appeal.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Fl.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

One of my friends works there and it came up that help was needed. my friend told him that I had an app on file. the manager told him him that I didn't get the job because of curb apeal

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/30/2017
Lawyer: socrateaser, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
socrateaser, Lawyer

Can you please define "curb appeal" in this circumstance? That is, what would be the employer's ideal "look" for the job description?

I guess thay want someone that is slim and good looking

Are you a man or a woman?

Never mind about your gender. I don't really need to know. Here's the deal:

If your "sex appeal" was the reason for your being denied employment, then that would be discrimination based upon sex, and you can complain to the Florida Commission on Human Rights (FCHR).

I hope I've answered your question. Please let me know if you require further clarification. And, please provide a positive feedback rating for my answer (click 3, 4 or 5 stars) -- otherwise, Justanswer retains your entire payment, and I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf. Note: If you cannot find the rating button on your webpage, please just type in your rating in a response to this note, and customer service will apply the rating for you.

Thanks again for using Justanswer!

Hello again,

I see that you have reviewed my answer, but that you have not provided a rating. Do you need any further clarification concerning my answer, or is everything satisfactory?

If you need further clarification, concerning this matter, please feel free to ask. If not, I would greatly appreciate a positive feedback rating for my answer (click 3, 4 or 5 stars) – otherwise, Justanswer retains your entire payment, and I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf. Note: If you cannot find the rating button on your webpage, please just type in your rating in a response to this note, and customer service will apply the rating for you.

Thanks again for using Justanswer!

socrateaser, Lawyer