A woman was to buy my condo in cash We signed th paper

Customer Question
A woman was to...

A woman was to buy my condo in cash We signed th paper showing 10%down she didn’t have furniture and asked if I could leave so

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the property located?

She wanted a quick closing so November 27 was the date I amobing with my daughter. Left some furniture and moved my things and waited a all day on the27 no calls from realtor or attorney found out she did not put down the 10% She had the closing on her home on the 13 and her attorney told her not to buy in this condo complex why I do not know but no one told me If I knew l would have not moved my things here I sit on a fold out chair. Do I have any chance of the 10% or any recourse. Property New Milford ctout of

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

Filed where

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The 2 realtor and 2 lawyers I think did not do their job

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Legal
11/30/2017
Lawyer: Richard, Attorney replied 6 months ago
Richard, Attorney

Hi! My name is Richard & I will be helping you today! It will take me a few minutes to type a response to your question. Thanks for your patience!

Good morning. If the woman failed to close as contracted, the woman is in default. Thus, you are entitled to any remedies available in your contract. So, yes, you would have the right to retain her 10% deposit as your damages. I will tell you that even if your contract provides for specific performance, in residential transactions, courts won't typically enforce a specific performance provision against a buyer because the courts feel that the seller still has the property, can sell it to another buyer, and the earnest money deposit is sufficient to compensate the seller.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your question. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as Good or Excellent (i.e., 4 or 5 stars)(hopefully Excellent/5 stars!). Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!

Just following up. My screen indicates that you have not reviewed my response. Please let me know if you did not receive it so I can re-send it if necessary. Thank you! Richard