How many days do I have to answer a response from the

Customer Question
How many days do...

How many days do I have to answer a response from the defendant lawyer and are national holiday as counted

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

New Jersey Morristown

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I filed a motion for grandparents rights they ask for an adjournment at the last moment and stated that as they had a previous see business appointment but during the prior month they could have in FG timed the court. TG h as n they sent 400 page response the weekend before TG thanks giving and I could not get legal representation

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

There are myriad issues about the judges rt using on here say but the timing seems to be of the greatest value ad I plan to ask FG or an adjournment todsy

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
11/30/2017
Lawyer: DamienJD, Attorney replied 7 months ago
DamienJD
DamienJD, Attorney

Hello: My name is ***** ***** I am an attorney. Usually, days are defined as Court calendar days, which is also business days. However, when it comes to answer periods, you count every day on the calendar and if the 10th day is a Saturday, Sunday or Holiday, then the due date is the next business day after. So, you would count the holiday when counting days but if the day of the holiday is the day its due, then you would have until the next day.

Let me know if you want to discuss the issues or you have any further questions.

Hello again! Checking in to see if you need further help. Your satisfaction is my goal, and I'm happy to answer a related follow-up question you may have. If I have not answered your question completely or missed a question, please let me know and I will attempt to answer it. If you are satisfied with your answer, please provide a positive rating between 3 and 5 stars at no extra charge so I can get paid for the service I provided to you. Best regards.