My question is.....My mom is 79 yrs old, my brother had her…

Customer Question
Hello, my question is.....My...

Hello, my question is.....My mom is 79 yrs old, my brother had her put land in her name to avoid paying taxes, she lives with me and he does absolutely NOTHING to help out. Me and the rest have to pay taxes, so should he, at first he said he was gonna switch it after his divorce so the wife couldn't get none of it, NOW I think he's trying to said until he gets 65, he's 59 now. Is there ,way to make him pay those taxes?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No he keeps everything a secret, he only comes here to let her sign papers, that they don't discuss.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
11/30/2017
Lawyer: Guillermo Senmartin, Lawyer replied 7 months ago

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 15 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Also, please do NOT click on the Opt Out button because if you do, it would prevent me from communicating with you and then it could take a long time before another expert responds to you.

Please give me a few minutes to review your question and I will be right with you with an answer. Sorry for any delay. I may have to do some research and at the same time I read and type fast, but not that fast! Thank you for your patience.

Ok, THANKS

I have to opt out because I am not licensed in Texas. Someone should be with you soon. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Lawyer: Barrister, Attorney replied 7 months ago
Barrister, Attorney

Hello, different expert here...

.

So brother owned land and put it in mother's name to use her exemption so it wouldn't be subject to property taxes?

.

What is mother's opinion on the matter here?

.

.

thanks