I left a money order on the counter of a store while paying…

Customer Question
I left a money...

I left a money order on the counter of a store while paying for groceries. I just got the manager to look at the surveillance tape and it shows that the cashier moved my money order to the side as I walked away. I called the store several times when I realized it was gone. I made a police report and the manager wanted a chance to talk to the cashier. It was their policy to turn anything in left by customers in which she didn't. I won't get a copy of the money order for 6-8 weeks. What can I do in the meantime besides filling a police report?

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?

I'm in Mn and it happened 11/17/17.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No, I just finished updating the police report and talking to the manager of the store.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No, that's it.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
11/29/2017
Lawyer: INFOLAWYER, Attorney replied 8 months ago
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
what can I answer for you?
Basically, I believe the cashier stole and cashed my money order I left at her station while paying for groceries b on 11/17/17. I kept calling the store and they said no one turned anything in. I had the manager look at the surveillance tape that shows me leaving the envelope with the money order and the cashier moving it. I won't get the copy of the money order for 6-8 weeks. Is there anything in the meantime I can do to get my money back?
I already filed a police report
You can sue in small claims court. You can also attempt to have he issuer reissue based on theft or trace the use.
if I can elaborate on anything, just ask me.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”