What are the after-effects of having a Section 12 filed

Customer Question
against you if you are...
What are the after-effects of having a Section 12 filed against you if you are over the age of 18? Does it follow you for the rest of your life as something that shows up on background checks? Do you have to include that in employment or university applications?
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
11/29/2017
Lawyer: Dr. Donna Kakonge, Attorney replied 7 months ago
Dr. Donna Kakonge

Dear Customer,

Thank you for coming to Just Answer. Is this a Homework question or a real-life question?

Thank you and I look forward to your response.

Real life. I am considering taking this course for my son.
I want to understand all the implications of involuntary commitment

Dear Customer,

This is not really a Homework question. I will try to send this question to the Legal Experts. I can answer it, however, I am only allowed to answer Homework questions. The Moderators will decide ultimately which category it should be in. If it returns to this category, I would be more than happy to answer your question for you.

Thank you and just a moment. I'm going to try to get this into the Legal Section.